STAND-UP COMEDY: ROASTING OFFICIALS & BUREAUCRACY

 




(Savage Political Satire Edition)

Opening

Good evening everybody!

Let's talk about government officials.

Not specific officials.

I'm talking about the species.

The ecosystem.

The lifestyle.

Because politicians and officials are fascinating.

They're the only people who can speak for 45 minutes...

And somehow answer zero questions.

It's a superpower.

A journalist asks:

"Yes or no?"

The answer starts with:

"First of all, let us appreciate..."

No.

No appreciation.

I asked a yes-or-no question.

Why am I getting a documentary?


Main Content

Government officials love meetings.

Love them.

A normal person sees a problem and says:

"Let's solve it."

An official sees a problem and says:

"Let's schedule a meeting."

Then another meeting.

Then a coordination meeting.

Then an evaluation meeting.

Then a meeting to discuss the results of the previous meetings.

At some point the problem dies of old age.

And have you noticed?

The bigger the problem, the bigger the banner.

Everything has a banner.

Everything has a logo.

Everything has a slogan.

The project hasn't started.

Nothing has been built.

Nobody knows what's happening.

But thank God the logo is finished.

That's the important part.

Sometimes I think government projects are like movie trailers.

The promotion budget is incredible.

The actual release date?

Still under discussion.

And officials love the phrase:

"We are committed."

What does that even mean?

Because every time I hear:

"We are committed..."

I immediately know absolutely nothing is happening.

It's the governmental version of:

"I'll text you later."

No you won't.

We both know.

And let's talk about inspections.

My favorite.

An official visits a location.

Suddenly everything becomes clean.

Roads repaired.

Grass cut.

Paint refreshed.

Everyone smiling.

Amazing.

It's like witnessing a miracle.

The official leaves.

The miracle expires.

The place returns to factory settings.

And social media made everything funnier.

Officials now spend half their time governing...

And half their time producing content.

Some government videos look like luxury travel influencers.

Slow-motion walking.

Dramatic music.

Drone shots.

Inspirational captions.

Bro...

Are you fixing the country or auditioning for Netflix?

Sometimes the content is so cinematic I forget what department they work for.

And the photos.

Oh my God, the photos.

Every official photo looks like they're about to save humanity.

Standing confidently.

Looking at the horizon.

Hands crossed.

Why are they always looking far away?

What's over there?

The solution?

Go get it then.

And politicians love promises.

Love them.

Before elections:

"We will transform everything!"

After elections:

"We must first conduct studies."

Ah yes.

The legendary sequel.

The Study.

Nothing delays reality faster than a study.

Some studies have been studied so many times they're eligible for retirement.

And bureaucracy is incredible.

You need one document.

To get the document...

You need another document.

To get that document...

You need three more documents.

It's like a side quest in a video game.

You're trying to renew a permit.

Suddenly you're collecting artifacts from seven different kingdoms.

And every office has that one legendary sentence:

"The person responsible isn't here."

Amazing.

The one person capable of solving your problem has vanished.

Every time.

Like a government Pokémon.

Rare.

Elusive.

Only appears under specific weather conditions.

And then there are official speeches.

The greatest endurance sport known to mankind.

A speech begins at 9 AM.

At 10 AM you're still listening to the introduction.

At 11 AM they're thanking people.

At noon they've finally reached the point.

The point wasn't worth waiting for.

Some speeches are so long they qualify as historical periods.

And yet somehow...

Nothing beats the confidence.

Because officials always sound optimistic.

Economic challenges?

Optimistic.

Infrastructure issues?

Optimistic.

Budget concerns?

Optimistic.

Meteor heading toward Earth?

"We remain optimistic."

About what?!

The dinosaur strategy?


Closing

But honestly...

I admire government officials.

Because I could never do their job.

I don't have the patience.

I don't have the diplomacy.

And most importantly...

I don't have the ability to answer questions without actually answering them.

That takes years of training.

Thank you everybody!

Give it up for officials and bureaucracy...

The only people who can create a five-year plan, a ten-year roadmap, a twenty-year vision...

And still need another meeting next week.

Posting Komentar

Lebih baru Lebih lama
Iklan Meguru English