COMMON MISTAKES IN ENGLISH
❌ 51. "Where I can find a taxi?" → ✅ "Where can I find a taxi?"
Penjelasan: Dalam kalimat tanya bahasa Inggris, auxiliary verb (kata kerja bantu seperti can, will, do, is) harus diletakkan sebelum subject. Struktur yang benar: Question Word + Auxiliary + Subject + Verb.
Contoh kalimat benar:
- Where can I buy a ticket for the concert?
- How can we solve this problem?
- What should she bring to the meeting?
❌ 52. "What time it is?" → ✅ "What time is it?"
Penjelasan: Sama seperti nomor 51 — kata kerja is (to be) harus mendahului subjek it dalam pertanyaan langsung. Ingat: Question Word + is/am/are + Subject.
Contoh kalimat benar:
- What time is the train scheduled to depart?
- Where is the nearest hospital?
- How much is this bag?
❌ 53. "Do you know who is he?" → ✅ "Do you know who he is?"
Penjelasan: Ini adalah embedded question (pertanyaan tidak langsung / tersisip). Aturannya berbeda! Setelah pertanyaan induk (Do you know...), bagian wh- kembali ke susunan kalimat biasa: Subject + Verb. Jadi who he is, bukan who is he.
Contoh kalimat benar:
- Can you tell me where the station is?
- I don't know what time the movie starts.
- Do you remember who she was talking to?
❌ 54. "I don't know nothing" → ✅ "I don't know anything"
Penjelasan: Dalam bahasa Inggris baku, double negatives (dua kata negatif dalam satu kalimat) tidak diperbolehkan. Don't sudah negatif, jadi gunakan anything (positif/netral), bukan nothing (negatif). Dalam beberapa dialek seperti AAVE, double negatives memang digunakan, tetapi dalam bahasa Inggris standar ini salah.
Contoh kalimat benar:
- She didn't do anything wrong.
- There isn't anyone in the classroom.
- I haven't seen anywhere to park the car.
❌ 55. "Why you didn't come?" → ✅ "Why didn't you come?"
Penjelasan: Ini sama dengan nomor 51 dan 52 — dalam pertanyaan langsung, auxiliary verb (didn't) harus mendahului subject (you). Struktur: Question Word + did/didn't + Subject + Verb.
Contoh kalimat benar:
- Why didn't she answer the phone?
- Why don't you take a break?
- Why doesn't he want to join us?
Ringkasan Cepat
| Salah ❌ | Benar ✅ | Aturan |
|---|---|---|
| Where I can find? | Where can I find? | Q. Word + Aux + Subject + Verb |
| What time it is? | What time is it? | Q. Word + is + Subject |
| who is he? (embedded) | who he is | Embedded question: Subject + Verb |
| don't know nothing | don't know anything | Hindari double negatives |
| Why you didn't come? | Why didn't you come? | Q. Word + Aux + Subject + Verb |
